U.S. Individual Services
Tax Return and ITIN

Muso & Co.


Muso & Co. provides the one-stop services for filing U.S. tax returns and applying for individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) throughout the U.S.. You may hire an accountant from any state for your U.S. tax-related matters. Although our offices are in California, Texas, and Nevada, we can assist all clients throughout the U.S.. If you have any questions for U.S. tax returns and tax-related matters, please contact us anytime.

Contact UsCorporation Services
Tax Return

U.S. Individual Tax Return Service

Whenever you earn income of any kind in the U.S., you must file a tax return by April of the following year. In principle, all of these tax returns must be filed in English, and many people experience its difficulty.
Muso & Co. can file the tax returns on behalf of individual clients perfectly with full Japanese language support. We also offer flexible services for other tax-related matters. We also handle tax returns for clients who do not reside in the U.S. For more information, please contact us.

About FBAR

(Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts)

The FBAR (also known as FinCEN Form 114) reports bank accounts and financial assets outside the United States to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN). While tax returns are reported to the IRS, FBARs are filed with FinCEN.

Who need to file it?

U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, and U.S. residents including residents for tax purposes

What is the amount to be declared?

Reporting FBAR is required if the subject financial assets or balances exceed $10,000 at least once a year. If you have more than one foreign bank account, the total amount of the multiple accounts is applied.

What financial assets are subject to declaration?

Any bank or other accounts held outside the U.S. is applied.
Examples: stocks, securities, investment accounts, pension accounts; maturity-type insurance, employer-controlled deposits, shareholdings, stock shares, retirement funds, financial assets in which ownership or beneficial ownership is 50% or more.

What is FATCA as opposed to FBAR?

This is the Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets (Form 8938) that you must file with the IRS as part of your U.S. individual income tax return. Form 8938 is called FATCA because it is a form required by the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).

Foreign Bank

U.S. Individual Taxpayer Identification Number Application Service

If you are not eligible for a Social Security Number (SSN), if you are required to file a tax return in the U.S., or if you are dependent and receive tax deduction benefits, you can apply for and obtain an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN).

In many cases, spouses and dependents of work visa holders are required to apply for the respective exemption. Recently, these cases have been increasing because people invest in real estate or conducting an Internet business in the U.S. while living in Japan.

To obtain an ITIN, you require several documents. However, even if the process goes well, it can take long time to complete it. So, it is safer to hire a specialist such as our company to apply on your behalf.

Indivisual Tax Return

Inquiry Form

Contact Information






P.O. Box 1785, 245 W. Garvey Ave, Monterey Park, CA 91754