Withholding Income Tax Request for Social Security Benefits

by | 2023-05-01 | Accounting & Tax

Form W-4V: Voluntary Withholding Request

If you have been employed in the U.S. for a long time and are retired and receiving a pension from the federal government, you may voluntarily apply to the federal government for tax withholding.

A lot of taxpayers do not want to pay additional income tax with the individual income tax return filing. Give or send Form W-4V to your local Social Security Administration (SSA) office.

How much can you have withheld?

You can decide depending on your income level and tax rate level – 7%, 10%, 12% or 22% of your social security benefit.

Withholding Tax Image

How to stop withholding?

To stop withholding tax, you need to fill out Form W-4V and give or send it to your local SSA office.

Local Social Security Administration Office

You can find your local SSA office on the SSA’s website.


Social Security Benefit Form Image

For an instruction and to download the Form W-4V, go to

W-4V Form For detailed instructions and to download the form, please visit this website.



Muso & Co. provides a wide range of support services for Social Security Benefits in the United States. Please use the form below to contact us for further information.

Inquiry Form

Contact Information






P.O. Box 1785, 245 W. Garvey Ave, Monterey Park, CA 91754